🔕 🔔

I put my turkey in roaster at what I thought was 375 but wasonly at 150. It was at 150 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turned it up to 400 Is it safe?

I put my turkey in my plug in roaster at what i thought was 375 but was really only at 150 or warm. I immediately turned it up to 400. Is it safe? I thought I had a thermometer but I don't.

asked by Abigail Hansen almost 2 years ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Hi Abigail, I think it'll be safe as long as it reaches the proper temp. Remember that the targets after resting are 165° F for breast and 175° F for the thigh. But if it smells funny or shows other signs of funkiness, you should use your best instincts!