help!first time using an electric roaster, my turkey is done hours early - Food52

help!first time using an electric roaster, my turkey is done hours early

what is the best way to go about this without turning it into overcooked turkey jerky? It's already a touch on the over cooked side but I still need to broil it a few minutes to crisp the breast skin. Should I let it rest and broil just before serving? Or finish it now, carve it, and then rewarm it?

Stacy Isabel
  • 1 Comment

1 Comment

Merrill S. November 23, 2017
If it were me, I wouldn't cook it any further; I'd let it rest until just before you're ready to serve it, then carve it and rewarm the meat using our Test Kitchen Josh's foolproof method in this article: https://food52.com/blog/18438-no-matter-what-you-do-your-turkey-will-be-just-fine If you feel you absolutely must have crisp skin, you could consider removing the skin over the breast meat before carving and crisping it on its own on a baking sheet.