🔕 🔔

help!first time using an electric roaster, my turkey is done hours early

what is the best way to go about this without turning it into overcooked turkey jerky? It's already a touch on the over cooked side but I still need to broil it a few minutes to crisp the breast skin. Should I let it rest and broil just before serving? Or finish it now, carve it, and then rewarm it?

asked by Stacy Isabel 3 months ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

If it were me, I wouldn't cook it any further; I'd let it rest until just before you're ready to serve it, then carve it and rewarm the meat using our Test Kitchen Josh's foolproof method in this article: https://food52.com/blog... If you feel you absolutely must have crisp skin, you could consider removing the skin over the breast meat before carving and crisping it on its own on a baking sheet.