🔕 🔔

can u use bisquick instead of all purpose flour to make pie crust

My mom had a recipe that u could use bisquick instead of all purpose flour to make pie crust but my mom recently passed away without giving me the recipe

asked by Daisy May Posey over 2 years ago

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Hi Daisy, thanks for asking! I've never heard of one, but I'd actually stick with just flour for now; Bisquick often has baking powder that you don't need in a pie crust. Here's a reliable all-butter recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Was it possibly a fruit cobbler - or perhaps a pie with a cobbler top "crust"? Cobblers often have biscuit toppings, for which I'm sure you could use Bisquick.

Bisquick has that "self-rising" property that wouldn't work for pie crust. I'm guessing you mom was talking about the 70's fad of "Impossible Pies" tha Bisquick ran. You mixed up the whole recipe including the Bisquick and poured it into a pie plate. When the baking was finished, there was a crust underneath and filling on top. I can look to see if I still have any of those recipes, if you'd like. PM me.

Cd2951d7 3dce 4f7e 9c1e e215e64cae33  transparent 600px

Sorry about your loss.

While I've never tried it myself, Bisquick can be made into a crust.

There are a few recipes on corporate parent Betty Crocker's website. Here's one:

http://www.bettycrocker...

Good luck.