Using up almond extract

I've just gone through my collection of extracts and flavorings and discovered I've somehow accumulated 4 different bottles of almond extract. Any suggestions for some good recipes to use some (a lot) of it up?

asked by sweetlolo almost 3 years ago

I would give 3 of those away. Almond extract is really strong--you'll notice that the recipes that contain it don't use much. https://food52.com/recipes...

Coco et Cocoa

Almond extract is great for Chinese almond tofu, or if you're making a big cherry pie, a teaspoon mixed in would really make it pop. Try it in shortbread and pound cake as well - treat it like vanilla whenever the recipe involves a citrus or berry, it's brighter and more refreshing than the same old.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

when in pinch you could also use it to flavor cocktails and smoothies

Stephanie G

Add a teaspoon to your sugar cookies along with vanilla extract.

Garlic Fiend

I like it in my coffee or hot chocolate

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

works with tea too...

here are some:
any chocolate cake;
most puff pastry dessert recipes;
dairy or soy smoothies or milkshakes;
home-made chocolate bark (a great Christmas gift);
sweet squash & almond side dish that's served with tagine;
most spice or honey cakes;
oatmeal or peanut butter cookies.

A drop of almond extract can be a nice note in a large variety of baked goods...but emphasis on the drop. A little goes a very long way, so unless you're a huge baker, 4 full bottles could be years' worth. They'd probably keep fine, if sealed, but I'd also be inclined to give at least a couple away, share the wealth!

Emily Love

How about marzipan? I've never made it but it has quite an overwhelming almond extract flavor to me and would also be a good holiday gift!