2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

Alternative fillings for Amandas peach crust recipe? I made a tomato tart w a goat cheese mix and lots of gorgeous tomatoes but the crust was just blah...any idea or suggestions? I was wondering if the cheese acted as barrier for juices to penetrate crust or if flour and oil sometimes just don't work? I used all olive oil (but first time making w peaches I used 1/2 walnut oil-Yum). Also ideas for flavoring when baking savory to replace almond extract? Thanks!

asked by XXX-XXX-8718 over 5 years ago
3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

How about some fresh herbs in the crust. You could also infuse the oil with some garlic to add flavor.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.