Today's the last day of our NYC Holiday Market. So come see us! »
🔕 🔔

Baking bread in advance or storing bread

I'd love to bake cinnamon rolls for a friend, but won't have time to bake them on the day of. What's the best way to keep them fresh? Bake the day before, freeze and then reheat? Parbake and finish baking on the day of?

asked by passifloraedulis almost 2 years ago

Cinnamon rolls, i find, tend to be best when freshly baked. More than most yeast breads, they tend to go stale quickly. I would go with your par bake then finish on the day. Or, if time allows, shape, freeze, defrost, let rise a but more, then bake.

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

I've made them ahead, froze fully baked, and then reheated on site, with good results. I've never tried partaking, so if you decide to try that, please post your results!

How pressed for time are you? I've done all of the prep the night before and let them rise in the fridge overnight. All you have to do is take them out the next morning and let them warm up a bit and pop them in the oven and bake as directed the next morning. They don't look as puffy when you take them out of the fridge, but they will rise up just fine when they bake.