Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

I ruined my entire family perfectly roasted Christmas Turkey! I'm not quite over it yet! Slightly traumatised..... still!

asked by @Mae_tweet almost 6 years ago

Think about it like falling off the horse and getting right back on. Let good meals help take away the bad memory. You probably won't forget about it, but you will begin to put it in perspective, and will be able to even find it amusing. We have all screwed up in the kitchen. Just keep cooking.

9848bd7f 4343 4a4a 8dbc 694f97ffd18d  s538818392 1497440 3193 1

Your comment brought me back to 44 years ago when first married. Instead of buying a "frying chicken" I bought an old fowl used for making chicken soup. At dinner, my husband complained that it was very though. My comment: Why your mother knows how to cook better? We had one huge argument.
Don't dwell on it, learn from your mistakes.

Sometimes making mistakes is the best way learn. Because I'm sure that you have learned alot from this one mistake and most likely won't make the same mistake twice. To get over the trauma just retrace your steps and try to figure out what went wrong. And eduacate yourself as to what could/or should be done differently. Please don't let it deter you from trying again. Bella is right get back on the horse. The only tragedy from this would be if you didn't try again. Good luck and press on!