A question about a recipe: Grilled Steak Salad with Italian Salsa Verde

B77a903b 84de 4a26 934a ead12c0f7d8f  cp steak

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Steak Salad with Italian Salsa Verde " from Sarah Fioritto. Is the salsa verde meant to be made fresh or does it get better after a day or so?

asked by savedbytheapron about 3 years ago

One of the recipe commenters made it the day before and enjoyed it.

Knowing my own personal preferences for handling Italian parsley, I'd probably make it right before, not let it sit.

I'd say it gets different. I love the stuff and make it often in the summer - usually more than needed - to have around for a few days. It's good on so many things! Right after making, it tastes most fresh and cleanly herb-y, obviously. But it's still quite good for a couple of days, it's taste/texture is just more melded. It's pretty quick to do in a food processor, so I'd say to make it to serve immediately, but you'll be glad to have any leftovers!

savedbytheapron

thank you!

For this Italian Salsa I bet it's ideal to serve fresh at room temperature and wouldn't benefit from sitting in the fridge.

savedbytheapron

Thank you!

Sarah Fioritto

I think it's best made fresh. The herbs lose their vibrant color and flavor if you make it in advance and refrigerate. If you are making the salsa verde in a food processor, it is literally a 10-second process so there's really no reason to make it ahead anyway. ;)

savedbytheapron

I wanted to bring it somewhere but maybe I just bring the Vitamix as well - thank you!