🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Braised Chicken Thighs with Tomato and Garlic

F187e568 35b2 48f3 9cc2 5577ea33a663  food52 02 12 13 6133

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Chicken Thighs with Tomato and Garlic" from Merrill Stubbs. I have a slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can go from stovetop to the slow cooker unit. Can I make this recipe a day ahead in the slow cooker, refrigerate it in the insert overnight and then reheat it in the slow cooker tomorrow? If so, how long and at what temp should I cook it today, and how long to reheat? Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

asked by Alexandra Joy over 1 year ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

I have not made this recipe but a quick scan of the ingredients make me think this would be FABULOUS made ahead and reheated. Most recipes like this really benefit from a melding of flavors overnight.
Yum! Let us know how this turns out!

It is said that using a slow cooker to reheat is risky because they take so long to reach temperature. Most brands say they take 4 hours to reach low and 2 to reach high. Of all things to reheat, that recipe is a good one because it's chicken thighs and not a 7 lb roast. To be honest, I'd probably do it, but don't tell my mom. :)

I've made that recipe many times. It's a favorite.

Sorry, I missed the part about reheating in the crockpot. I'd probably reheat in the oven or stovetop.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

tomatoes and aluminum? not a good idea maybe.