🔕 🔔

i have a glob of melted halumi...what can i do with it?!

i tried frying halumi but it all melted into a big glob. ive never used melted halumi in anything...any ideas?

asked by rina almost 2 years ago

I had a glob of melted raclette. I remelted it and put on roasted fingerling potatoes, diced it and added to salad.
I would put slices of glob on split baked potato, roasted chicken breast, roasted carrots, and/or roasted cauliflower slices and broil. I would also dice it and add to salad.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

You could try slicing it thinly and crisping it in the oven, and then use as snack or in salads or as a garnish, just like you would use Parmesan crisps.

17cbe882 e54e 4513 bfe4 3579418350ce  fb avatar
mia

If its re-solidified you could try grating it and adding it as a batter for fried chicken, or adding it to a breakfast scramble, or even make fritters out of it. If it's still warm and melty, you could do a killer grilled cheese with some other good melting cheese like cheddar.

The only times I've fried haloumi, I sliced it fairly thin to start with. I'm not sure melted haloumi is meant to be used IN anything. The fried Haloumi IS the event, according to my Cypriot friends.

7a1e7429 39b7 4b40 beb1 714f848b2b8c  image

put cooked potatoes in an oven-proof tray and your halloumi glob over it (maybe cut in pieces) add spices (maybe lemon zest and thyme?) and plop in the oven to melt again