🔕 🔔

What's your favorite way to use wheat germ?

I just use it to top yogurt in the morning to add some extra vitamins to my vegetarian diet, but I love the flavor & want to get through the giant jar I had to buy. Would love creative and delicious suggestions for use!

asked by MargaretB over 1 year ago

usually to replace 1/2 cup of all purpose flour of any muffin and cake recipes to add the nutritions. If you are not sure, try from 1/4 cup substitution. Mine goes fast that way.

I dump in approximately 1/4 c. into muffin batter (usually more wholesome, wheat flour-based muffins). I'll often do a 1/4 c. wheat germ and some flaxseed meal as well. I just eyeball it to make sure together they won't make the batter too dry. I've never had a batch with too much wheat germ; it seems to just blend into the recipes seamlessly.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I use it in my homemade granola when I have it.

25279a8e 9ff9 4952 bf3a 2fec857a33f4  polaroid
Sarah E Daniels

Editorial Intern

I second cookbookchick--granola is my go to. That being said, I also love love adding it into my muesli. I feel lie it gives it a little more oomph.