Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

What can I do with a surplus of mead?

We were given some sweet mead infused with coffee. I really don't like the taste, and won't be drinking it. Any ideas for how I can use it?

asked by minibakersupreme 11 months ago

Make bread with it like you would use beer for bread. Here is a link http://www.food.com/recipe...

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

Do you think it would work in coffee, a Tbs or 2 added in as a variant of Irish coffee and in lieu of a sweetener? Topped with whipped cream, of course. Or added into desserts that call for rum or other liqueurs, where a coffee flavor would be desirable, such as moistening the savoiardi in a Tiramisu. I know mead is meant to be served warmed (like cognac), but I wonder if it would be more palatable cold over ice--if it's a very sweet mead, the flavors can be cloying. As a sweetener for iced coffee. As a flavoring/sweetener in homemade ice cream or in a cheesecake, again where the coffee flavor is desirable.

If you don't like the flavor straight, it will prabably carry over into whatever you put it in--but the bread sounds like a good idea.