What can I do with a surplus of mead?

We were given some sweet mead infused with coffee. I really don't like the taste, and won't be drinking it. Any ideas for how I can use it?

Voted the Best Reply!

Nancy January 14, 2016

Invite some Beowulf re-enactors over for a feast and reading of the poem?
Binge watch Game of Thrones?

Smaug January 15, 2016

I was going to suggest starting a Renaissance fair but this is much more practical; always a problem keeping all those Beowulf reenactors busy. Perhaps the person with all the vinegar could send some over for the Grendl reenactor.

Nancy January 15, 2016

Love it! Is Grendl so mean and sour as to like vinegar? Or need it? (for what purpose?)

Smaug January 15, 2016

Yes, Grendl was actually an ancestor of Sneep.

Ben McCulloch
Ben McCulloch January 15, 2016

Make bread with it like you would use beer for bread. Here is a link http://www.food.com/recipe...

Windischgirl
Windischgirl January 15, 2016

Do you think it would work in coffee, a Tbs or 2 added in as a variant of Irish coffee and in lieu of a sweetener? Topped with whipped cream, of course. Or added into desserts that call for rum or other liqueurs, where a coffee flavor would be desirable, such as moistening the savoiardi in a Tiramisu. I know mead is meant to be served warmed (like cognac), but I wonder if it would be more palatable cold over ice--if it's a very sweet mead, the flavors can be cloying. As a sweetener for iced coffee. As a flavoring/sweetener in homemade ice cream or in a cheesecake, again where the coffee flavor is desirable.

Maedl January 15, 2016

If you don't like the flavor straight, it will prabably carry over into whatever you put it in--but the bread sounds like a good idea.