Caramel Syrup Overload

I wound up with a very large bottle of caramel syrup that is normally used for flavoring coffee or other drinks, and was wondering if anyone had any other ideas to use it up?

Just curious - thanks in advance!

asked by Jr0717 about 2 years ago

Community Editor at Food52

What about brushing some on cake layers or poking holes in a bundt cake with a toothpick and then drizzling some over it? Not seasonally appropriate right now, but I bet it would be good added to poaching liquid for pears or apples: https://food52.com/blog...

Jr0717

Thank you for the suggestions! I wound up soaking some fruit in the syrup that I used in some cinnamon rolls this past weekend. Your poaching idea gave me the idea to use it as a glaze for grilled stone fruit, which is a bit more in season, so I greatly appreciate it!

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Toss with some fresh popcorn, make Bananas Foster., mix into some yogurt. put on french toast or waffles.... shall I continue?

Jr0717

Thanks for the ideas- I hadn't thought about the popcorn, so that might definitely be on the agenda to try!

Use in various cocktails with a compatible flavor profile....milk, coconut milk, rum, bourbon (though some would say you're ruining good bourbon).
Use in baking instead of vanilla extract.
Add to peach pie filling or desserts.
Mix with some chocolate or plain buttercream before frosting a cake.