Caramel Syrup Overload

I wound up with a very large bottle of caramel syrup that is normally used for flavoring coffee or other drinks, and was wondering if anyone had any other ideas to use it up?

Just curious - thanks in advance!

• Posted by: Jr0717
  • June 11, 2016

Lindsay-Jean Hard June 15, 2016

What about brushing some on cake layers or poking holes in a bundt cake with a toothpick and then drizzling some over it? Not seasonally appropriate right now, but I bet it would be good added to poaching liquid for pears or apples: https://food52.com/blog...

Jr0717
Jr0717 June 15, 2016

Thank you for the suggestions! I wound up soaking some fruit in the syrup that I used in some cinnamon rolls this past weekend. Your poaching idea gave me the idea to use it as a glaze for grilled stone fruit, which is a bit more in season, so I greatly appreciate it!

PHIL
PHIL June 15, 2016

Toss with some fresh popcorn, make Bananas Foster., mix into some yogurt. put on french toast or waffles.... shall I continue?

Jr0717
Jr0717 June 15, 2016

Thanks for the ideas- I hadn't thought about the popcorn, so that might definitely be on the agenda to try!

Nancy June 17, 2016

Use in various cocktails with a compatible flavor profile....milk, coconut milk, rum, bourbon (though some would say you're ruining good bourbon).
Use in baking instead of vanilla extract.
Add to peach pie filling or desserts.
Mix with some chocolate or plain buttercream before frosting a cake.