I made candied pecans but I think there is too much sugar, can I rinse them off?

I just want to get rid of a bit of the sugar before I add them to my salad, but I don't want them to taste bland.

Jen
Jen January 17, 2016

If the sugar is still crystallized and grainy on the outside, you can rub some of the sugar coating off of them. If the sugar is melted, forming a shell around the pecans it will be harder to fix. If you rinse them, you could easily end up with sad, soggy pecans unless you them dry them in a low oven after rinsing.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 17, 2016

jen's on track. i would lay a small terrycloth towel in a bowl, add your nuts, fold over the towel ends like a hobo's satchel, and massage the nuts through the towel, which will rub off some of the coating. I do this all the time with canned VA peanuts that are too salty.

702551
702551 January 17, 2016

I'd reduce quantities and blend with raw/uncandied pecans, maybe 50-50. Chop up the candied ones smaller so you don't get a big mouthful.