A question about a recipe: Short Rib Ragu

I have a question about the recipe "Short Rib Ragu" from Minimally Invasive. Oops, forgot to add the herbs! Anything to worry about? Can I do anything after?

4ed782b1 3d11 4b59 bc69 9d446397b896  110111f 356
Recipe question for: Short Rib Ragu

702551
702551 January 21, 2016

At this point, I would just taste it as see if you like it. Many short rib recipes have few/no herbs, so your dish would likely resemble one of those rather than what Minimally Invasive intended. Remember that there isn't just one way to cook something.

Heck, there are probably billions of cooks who deliberately left out some or all of the herbs called for in a given recipe.

A recipe is not gospel, it's a written suggestion.

Anyhow, you're the one who is going to eat it, so try it now and see if you like it. What the Food52's commenters' opinions are carry far less weight than your own in this situation.

Good luck.

Minimally Invasive
Minimally Invasive January 22, 2016

Thank you, CV — that's exactly what I was going to suggest. It's awfully hard to mess up a braise, and I'm sure it'll be fine without. If you'd like, you can always sprinkle fresh herbs over the top before serving, but it isn't crucial to have them. Hope you enjoy the dish!