🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Short Rib Ragu

4ed782b1 3d11 4b59 bc69 9d446397b896  110111f 356

I have a question about the recipe "Short Rib Ragu" from Minimally Invasive. Oops, forgot to add the herbs! Anything to worry about? Can I do anything after?

asked by Cmgrauer over 1 year ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

At this point, I would just taste it as see if you like it. Many short rib recipes have few/no herbs, so your dish would likely resemble one of those rather than what Minimally Invasive intended. Remember that there isn't just one way to cook something.

Heck, there are probably billions of cooks who deliberately left out some or all of the herbs called for in a given recipe.

A recipe is not gospel, it's a written suggestion.

Anyhow, you're the one who is going to eat it, so try it now and see if you like it. What the Food52's commenters' opinions are carry far less weight than your own in this situation.

Good luck.

Aa8e10f5 da1c 4a1c 868f fdcc325ca075  minimallyinvasive

Thank you, CV — that's exactly what I was going to suggest. It's awfully hard to mess up a braise, and I'm sure it'll be fine without. If you'd like, you can always sprinkle fresh herbs over the top before serving, but it isn't crucial to have them. Hope you enjoy the dish!