🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Double Vanilla Butter Cake with Chantilly Cream

75d9a7fb 518a 4e6f bb6a 3eabced33d94  cake

I have a question about the recipe "Double Vanilla Butter Cake with Chantilly Cream" from Posie Harwood. Posie, I only have vanilla extract (no beans, no paste). Think I should still try this, or hold off? It looks so good!

asked over 1 year ago

I made this for two separate families last Thursday. I served it with the Chantilly Cream and a raspberry coulis. I was told by both families this was one of the best desserts I have made to date. I used 3 teaspoons of vanillas and no vanilla paste. I recommend making it today!

1e4d7b52 fd4f 4798 ae19 d0f715768358  ry 400

Yes, I'd definitely make it! It will still be excellent and since there is so much vanilla extract (use 3 teaspoons in your case), it will still be quite flavorful...especially if you make the vanilla whipped cream (just use extract there as well).