How would you gussy up leftover short ribs? I stirred bits into a soup last night. Tacos, sandwiches would be good -- what else?

TiggyBee
TiggyBee January 13, 2011

Pot pie, pasta sauce, add them to a brown gravy and smother that on top of a baked potato. Nice pickle to be in!!

mrslarkin January 13, 2011

Short rib hash with a poached egg on top. Over polenta. Over pasta. Oh, I like TiggyBee's baked potato idea!

vvvanessa
vvvanessa January 13, 2011

i'm a big advocate of the noodle salad. shredded meat, shredded cabbage and carrots, scallions, cilantro, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil (depending on how your ribs were cooked). noodle of choice (mung bean, rice, wheat vermicelli), served warm or cold.

brandon
brandon January 13, 2011

I always braise a giant amount of beef and use the rest for stroganoff, its pretty much the bomb. I also will use the left overs for dumplings and serve it with pickled carrots, ginger, scallions, radishes, garlic and parsley. also the bomb

spiffypaws
spiffypaws January 13, 2011

Makes great pasta, esp if you use whole wheaat. I've also made pizza w/ the leftover meat, goat cheese and lots of herbs and whatever veg on hand.

ourlastsupper
ourlastsupper January 14, 2011

Make sandwiches! This is a great one that was on the cover of Bon Appetit last year. You can find it on epicurious.com.

Grilled Cheese and Short Rib Sandwiches with Pickled Caramelized Onions and Arugula