🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Conversation Hearts

E566215e 0577 4912 9af5 84847acb2531  2016 0118 baking basics how to make conversation hearts valentines day bobbi lin 16508

I have a question about the recipe "Conversation Hearts" from Erin McDowell. I don't have a microwave. What is the suggested process for melting the gelatin without a microwave?

asked by indie almost 2 years ago

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

You usually soften it in a bit of liquid in a small cup, then place the cup in a shallow pan of hot water (off heat)- I haven't read this recipe, but that's the usual procedure (never heard of using a microwave, actually).

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

You can bloom it in a heat-safe bowl, then warm it over a small pot of simmering water - it will melt in no time!