to much butter in puff pastry

i put a pound and a half of butter in my puff pastry during the lock in phase when my recipe calls for 1 pound 2 ounces what is going to happen.

asked by Jessica Sigwart almost 3 years ago

Hard to say. Butter characteristics vary by producer and by season. Same with flour.

My guess is that your puff dough might be a little richer, but then again, you might not notice a difference.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

LE BEC FIN

my guess would have been 'a greasy mess' but i have no experience with it. Plse tell us what happens after you've baked some off.There are MANY 52 bakers who probably have had this experience; give them some days to see this question and respond.

While we're guessing- never done it myself, but butter containment is always a problem in puff pastry, and that's a lot of extra; I'd guess that it will cook up ok but you will bleed a lot of butter; I'd take steps to avoid buttering the oven.

Maybe lining you baking sheet with parchment paper on a rack to absorb any extra moisture/fat loss?

You will probably have some butter dripping out of the pastry once it is baked. I don't think it would be a big greasy mess since you only used 1/3 more butter than called for (I remember that horrible American version of the Great British Bake Off and a contestant who decided to use Double the butter during the lamination; yes, rivers of melted butter). But expect that the finished pastry will be somewhat heavy and greasy.