🔕 🔔

Using puff pastry for the first time

I am going to make some cookies using puff pastry for the first time. Is it possible to shape the dough, put it in the fridge and keep it there overnight? Then I want to bring it out of the fridge, add some cream and fruit to it and bake it. Is it possible?

asked by Bahar 10 months ago
283aaeb7 c91c 4441 9375 ea3c70af8566  125tomato14

I use the frozen puffed pastry dough making pastries using the dough as the base. If you add cream to this dough, it will become a sticky mess IMO. Place a spoonful of fruit filling onto a cutout square of dough and fold over the sides and seal with egg wash. The dough puffs up and croissant-like.

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

You might look at recipes for rugelach, which are (is?) made with a somewhat similar dough. There was also a recipe on this site for Polish Christmas
cookies (I think that was all the bane they were given) which are very similar and had a particularly nice lekhvar (a jam made of dried fruit, though don't use that definition if you're writing a dictionary) filling. Unless you mean something out of the obvious with the cream (some kind of pastry cream, maybe), or even if you do, can't really see that working. you could do a fruit filling and top with whipped cream, but watch your arteries.

"bane"? Maybe "name"- am I crazy or is it this keyboard?

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Why not bake first (here's some guidance on how to handle it from the kitchn: http://www.thekitchn.com...
Then fill it with fresh fruit (berries, sliced peaches or nectarines, sweetened to taste) and whipped cream.