🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: White Lasagna with Leeks and Mushrooms

Aac7af3b d224 478c 8200 685981af000d  img 4561

I have a question about the recipe "White Lasagna with Leeks and Mushrooms" from cookbookchick. Wanting to make this but guests just informed me that they don't like mushrooms...can I add sausage? or do half substituting zucchini?

asked by brooklynfoodie about 2 years ago

I can't imagine why you couldn't sub cooked sausage for the mushrooms. I wouldn't use zucchini as a sub - it's pretty bland in flavor compared to mushrooms, and also can be watery.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Sure! This is a very flexible recipe. I would use loose sausage and brown it well first. Same with zucchini-- sauté it first in some butter. I like the idea of sausage more than the zucchini. As ChefJune says, the zucchini is pretty bland. Let me know what you do and how it turns out!