What if dough not risen as expected after suggested time (for pork buns)?

https://food52.com/recipes...

Making this recipe, and the dough hasn't doubles in size yet after 1 hour and 15 minutes. Should I keep waiting or keep going with the recipe?

asked by Megan over 2 years ago

C Sangueza

Is it rising at all? If it is, I would let it go longer until it does double in size. The rising time of yeast dough depends on a lot of variables.

Megan

Hard to tell...maybe a little bit? I had the window in the kitchen open, so I shut that thinking it might not be warm enough in here or might be too drafty. I have it nearer the oven too.

The time it takes for dough to rise can very with the temperature of the room. If it is a cool room, it can take a lot longer to rise. It's hard to tell without knowing where you are. Here in New York today, since it's warmer outside, we don't have as much heat inside, so the house is rather cool.
If the dough has risen some, you could go on, but you might not have as puffy a bun as if it doubles in bulk in the first rise.