🔕 🔔

Connecticut recs, please!

Hi! I'm going to be driving through CT on my way to Providence from NYC tomorrow morning early--is there any must-try diner or breakfast along the way? Thanks!

asked by Mei Chin almost 2 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Hi - I live in CT off of I-95, exit 10. Not sure of your driving route but near me the best diner is Post Road Diner, Darien. Easy on and off the exit. My personal favorite though is Chips Family Restaurant in Fairfield - Yum! They both have websites. If you're driving through on the Merritt there are different options.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Probably too late to be helpful now, but a few years ago we had breakfast at Kitchen Little (or maybe Little Kitchen) right by the Mystic River Marina. Great location and big breakfast menu. I think it was maybe 10 minutes or so from 95.

Chips is the place to go.