Tayberry Jam: Any favorites?

I know the berries aren't easily cultivated which makes them all the more alluring.... My local supplier went out of business so I tried Johnson Berry Farm's jam offered thru Food52. Sadly, it was too mild and jello-y for my taste.
Anyway, I'd like to hear if you have favorite suppliers of Tayberry (Marion & Boysen too) jam!

asked by Sean R over 2 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Tayberries are so delicate, they make rare jams. I've found the best ones at farmers markets when on vacation in the Pacific NW at the precise right time of year. The only similar, delicate jam I can recommend is the Wild Thimbleberry Jam from American Spoon Fruits (Good Foods Award winner, 2016).

Sean R

Berry hunting sounds like a perfect excuse for a road trip! Roughly speaking, when is the right time of year?

There's a good chance Plum Tree Jam will make tayberry jam again this summer so keep an eye on this page: http://plumtreejam.com/

Sean R

Ah, I was so close to buying some from the Food52 shop! (Alas, it's gone.) I'll watch them like an omnivorous hawk.... Thank you!