🔕 🔔

I have homemade pectin frozen from 8/09. Can I still use it in a boysenberry jam recipe? I have the berries now.

asked by Carecooks almost 7 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I am assuming you made your pectin using apples. Frozen fruit generally has a freezer life of one year. You are talking two years. If it was my pectin I would toss it and make more rather than risk spoiling the great berries you currently have.

Thanks SKK. That's what I thought. I think that I'll just try a recipe without any pectin. It seems that lemon pulp and seeds in a bag can add some. So I think that I'll give that a try.