A question about a recipe: Tomato Curry Sauce

I have a question about the recipe "Tomato Curry Sauce" from Mallika. Have any of you used canned tomatoes in this? And if so, what amount? We're several months from having decent fresh ones available here plus, I find canned more convenient, if no sacrifice in quality results. Thanks so much. ;o)

E460e554 d20e 4a88 9b33 adcfb7696664  tomato curry sauce copy
Recipe question for: Tomato Curry Sauce

702551
702551 March 28, 2016

I've never made this recipe, but as it calls for 2 lbs. (32 zoz.) of tomatoes, I'd likely use one standard 28-oz. can. I doubt if the recipe is particular strict about exact quantities.

Good luck.

AntoniaJames March 28, 2016

Thank you, cv. That sounds about right, and is a nice, convenient solution as well. ;o)

ktr
ktr March 28, 2016

If you give it a try, please let us know how it turns out.

AntoniaJames March 28, 2016

ktr, I will! I'm looking forward to trying this. I'm always on the prowl for good recipes for components of weeknight meals that can be made in advance, frozen in smaller portions, and then adapted for a variety of uses! This one holds real promise. ;o)