🔕 🔔

Immersion blender with food processor type add on - slowly adding oil issue

I only have an immersion blender with a food processor type add on - is there any way to get around the slowly adding oil issue for things like pesto?

asked by Jaime Stock over 1 year ago

I Definitely make it with your immersion blender. Adding oil in a stream can over process it and cause it to have a bitter taste. Here's the method I follow. It really is perfect imo.
http://www.seriouseats...

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

You are right Susan, also in this recipe the oil is added slowly stirring it with a wooden spoon, not blending it in the food processor.

Slowly adding oil is more for mayonnaise, not for pesto. Pesto needs on and off blend so that the basil (or any other herb) does not warm up. I always make it with an immersion blender.