🔕 🔔

vegetable side dish for brunch

I have to take a variety of food to a brunch for about 20 women. The entrée will be quiche or some type of egg-based casseroles, prepared by the hostess. I am taking a platter of fresh fruit and a coffeecake, but need ideas for a veggie side dish to balance out all the sweet stuff. I've been thinking of a cold marinated asparagus but would appreciate other suggestions. It needs to be easy to transport. Suggestions?

asked by ATL about 1 year ago
79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Steam some fresh garden peas toss them olive and chopped fresh mint. Maybe a splash of Spanish sherry vinegar.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Marinated roasted asparagus sounds great. Check out the absurdly addicting asparagus recipe on the site. It's been so well received every time I make it - it's make-ahead and tasty at room temperature. Or asparagus with a lemon, parmesan vinegarette.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

Roast your favorite veggies in the over with olive oil fresh thyme & garlic. (Roasted onions & mushrooms would be really good) You can serve them warm or at room temperature.

8bbfe648 dc7e 43f9 816b 4de4ae50eec7  photo
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Try this snap pea and radish salad with lemony vinaigrette from Martha Stewart - so delicious and perfect for spring. I love the way the peas look when you slice open some of the pods as in the photo. For your event, you could prep everything ahead of time but dress this on site at the last minute.
http://www.marthastewart...