I am cooking chicken with wild rice soup in a crock pot. I accidentally added the 1 cup of half and half at the start of cooking. Still be ok?

Will my soup be ruined? Should I add more half and half at the end? It takes about 7 hours to cook on a low setting.

asked by Marci Toerpe about 2 years ago

breakbread

It should be fine since the crockpot won't boil. The cream might only get tastier! Milk does contain some water anyway. I guess it'll be personal preference if you want to add some at the end to make it creamier - maybe add more stock/water since more half-n-half could mute the balance of flavors. Also, I would taste it before adding any (more?) salt since there is some sodium in the dairy and it could become more concentrated with 7 hours of cooking. Sounds delicious though - good luck!

Marci Toerpe

Thank you for answering this so quickly!! I greatly appreciate your help!

How did the soup turn out?