🔕 🔔

Do you have to remove a cake from the pan to cool?

I am making cakes for my daughters birthday and want to use the Nordic ware cake pans with lids to transport the cakes. Do I need to remove the cakes to cool and then put back in the pans to frost and transport?

asked by Lara over 1 year ago

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Absolutely otherwise it gets soggy. Let it rest for 5 minutes before you do otherwise it will break

For this type of cake, yes.

99b43a1e 643f 4404 a755 bd35c6822122  fb avatar

Hope I'm not complicating things here, but we always let our cakes cool completely in their pans at our bakery. It's simple and there's no worry about breaking them when you take them out warm. We also swear by Pam with Flour (not the other Pam products, the one for baking with flour is awesome) over any other nonstick method to grease cake pans.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

When we were kids our mom would make a cake in a 9 x 12 pan and frost it in the pan. No need to take it out as we just cut a piece as we wanted it. Nothing fancy, just cake in a pan with buttercream frosting. A great treat after school.