🔕 🔔

Left hummus out overnight

I made the Zahav genius hummus last night, then accidentally left it out, in a bowl, uncovered, on the counter ALL night! Face palm!! I'm not scared of eating the hummus, but it formed a thick, hard crust—and in a fit of panic, I stirred it into the rest of the hummus instead of just scooping it off and discarding it. Now, the hummus is back in the fridge—is there a way to recover it later? Food process it again with some warm water?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked almost 2 years ago

I think if you stir in water it should gain its consistency back. Think just a spoon would work unless you really want to blitz it again in the food processor.