A butternut squash recipe for summer?

My husband went on a grocery run for spaghetti squash and came back with a butternut. All of my go to butternut squash recipes are very fall-oriented. Anyone have a recipe for a summertime butternut squash? Thanks!

asked by Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus about 2 years ago

How about pasta salad with cooked cubed butternut, toasted nuts, arugula, & a little bit of blue cheese, tossed in a lemony vinaigrette?

I've made a roasted butternut squash and arugula salad in fall that is fairly light and would work in summer. No recipe really. A light lemony vinaigrette would work. Or...just roast or steam it and save it in the freezer for fall.

I just noticed Half Pint's post. Ditto what she said and the addition of blue cheese sounds delish.

Sabine

how about a thin crispy white pizza with a bit of crème fraîche spread on it, thin slices of butternut, a handful pistachios, pine nuts, oregano & thyme?

Sabine

…and the more I think of it, the more I´d like a few slices of proscuitto/ham de Bayonne and spring or red onion as well.

Valhalla

With couscous and preserved lemon it makes a fine salad:
http://www.davidlebovitz...

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

This butternut squash and chickpea salad is a long-time favorite of mine: https://food52.com/recipes...
It's nice at room temperature as well as warm, so could be summer-appropriate as long as using the oven isn't too unappealing.