I discarded my whey before I heated my mozzarella curds. Help!

I have some whey draining from the curds. How can I bulk it up to create an effective bath?

asked by DistractedCooker over 2 years ago

former Community Editor

I'm sorry you didn't get an answer to this in time! What did you end up doing and how did your mozzarella turn out?

DistractedCooker

I ended up using about 2 cups of whey that drained from my curds and then I added about 2 liters of bottled water to the pot and used that as my bath. I am still not very good at this step in the cheese making process so I can't tell if my altered bath contributed to the low stretch I achieved on my cheese. (I need to read up more on this part, I take notes on my process but I have trouble replicating the limited success I have had in the past). Thanks for responding. My initial post was a rush of hasty despondency over having thrown out something I needed two steps down the road.

former Community Editor

I struggle with getting a good stretch too -- best of luck with the next batch!