HELP! Balslamic vinegarette has congealed in a lovely decantur and I'm having trouble "dissolving" it to get it out!

It is almost like jello! I've stuck a slim knife up in the decantur - tried everything, and I cannot get it out. I don't want to throw the bottle away as it is part of a lovely oil/vinegar set.

asked by Virginia Dryden over 2 years ago

If the decanter is microwave safe, try that for a few seconds to liquefy the solidified oil.

Virginia Dryden

Okay, I'll try that! Thanks much!

BakerRB

This happens to me too with olive oil vinaigrettes. I place the bottle in a bowl of hot water. Shake the bottle now and then, reheat the water as needed, and eventually it will liquefy.

BakerRB

Add plain white vinegar to hot water and the combination should loosen and dissolve any stuck on stuff. You might have to repeat a couple of times but scraping is a waste of time.