🔕 🔔

Ideas for using Rhubarb Cordial for a large party -- punch?

I made about 3 liters of Rhubarb Cordial (delicious!!). I'd love to use it at an upcoming party, but I need drinks that I can make for a large crowd. Any ideas for a punch or other drink that doesn't require mixing individual drinks? I'm guessing there will be about 50 people at said party. Thanks for your ideas!

asked by tripletree over 1 year ago

Rae

Rhubarb cordial & gin, topped off with something fizzy, like soda, tonic water or Prosecco.
I'd start with 1 part cordial, 2 parts gin, and 3 parts fizz, and adjust to your liking.
Rosemary, mint, or thyme sprigs would be a nice garnish - something green against the cordial.

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

It looks like this question double-posted, so I'm shared Stephanie G's response here to consolidate answers: "Maybe you could set out with champagne bottles or cava or prosecco and allow guests to top off their glass?"

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Yeah, just leave out the booze and mixers. Anyone who has attended a tailgate party knows how to mix their own drinks.

Not a big deal.

I'm hoping to do the same for a smaller party this weekend. My current plan is to mix the cordial with prosecco and potentially a citrus, and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.

Mmm. The citrus rosemary combination sounds lovely...

classic flavor mixture is strawberry & rhubarb so maybe use the berries as garnish. or muddle some overripe berries in bottom of a rocks glass or champagne glass, add your fizzy wine and enjoy.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

When we were kids punch was the only beverage served at celebrations. Pretty easy sherbet (your choice of flavor) and ginger ale or 7Up with a molded fruit ice ring floating in the middle. To this day I still enjoy it!

Cav

When making a rhubarb crumble I typically poach the rhubarb in ginger wine with some orange peel. I reckon that flavour combination would work well in a punch lightened up with champagne.