🔕 🔔

If you really wanted to make this recipe, WinnieAb's Spiced Butternut Squash Maple Pie, http://www.food52.com/recipes... , but you only had half-and-half and not cream, would you do anything to adjust the recipe? Thanks so much! ;o)

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I would keep everything else the same. It'll just be a slightly-lower fat version. It sounds delicious!

Did you see, MrsL, how I commented ages ago about how good that looked, and how I wanted to make it for breakfast? I stumbled on it again tonight, and the minute I saw the picture, I thought to myself, I'm making that for breakfast! Winnie's recipes are all so tasty. Thanks so much. ;o)

I agree with mrslarkin. should be fine, just slightly (and I do mean slightly) healthier!

8d15d9cf 7f9f 46ec a8b7 7adad145fc4e  dsc 0954 wheat bread

It might not have quite the same texture because the half-and-half is thinner than cream and does not contain as much fat, but it should be fine.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Late in answering, but I'll chime in with my 2 cents. I'd consider adding a tablespoon or two of unsalted butter. I suspect it'll be fine with just the straight substitution, though.