If you really wanted to make this recipe, WinnieAb's Spiced Butternut Squash Maple Pie, http://www.food52.com/recipes... , but you only had half-and-half and not cream, would you do anything to adjust the recipe? Thanks so much! ;o)

asked almost 8 years ago

I would keep everything else the same. It'll just be a slightly-lower fat version. It sounds delicious!

Did you see, MrsL, how I commented ages ago about how good that looked, and how I wanted to make it for breakfast? I stumbled on it again tonight, and the minute I saw the picture, I thought to myself, I'm making that for breakfast! Winnie's recipes are all so tasty. Thanks so much. ;o)

innoabrd

I agree with mrslarkin. should be fine, just slightly (and I do mean slightly) healthier!

katiebakes

It might not have quite the same texture because the half-and-half is thinner than cream and does not contain as much fat, but it should be fine.

Late in answering, but I'll chime in with my 2 cents. I'd consider adding a tablespoon or two of unsalted butter. I suspect it'll be fine with just the straight substitution, though.