🔕 🔔

Lemon Pie -- serve hot, cold or at room temp?

asked by Phoenix Helix almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I usually do room temp but this weekend I served a lemon tart warm and it was really great. Definitely not cold tho!

3f4b126e a942 4b85 990f d32543abd21b  alys

room temperature!

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

If the flavors are as tangy as lemon should be, your guests will get the fullest taste experience at room temperature.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Depends. Is it a lemon custard pie, or a lemon icebox pie? If the latter, cold; if the former, room temp.

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

Room temperature it is! Thanks everyone. And for the last piece of pie, I think I'll try it warm like Amanda did, just for fun.