Q: I have a bowl of cooked brown rice made by accident (dont ask) what can i do with it?! HELP please. I have no idea.

drbabs January 26, 2011

At the very least, you could freeze it for when you need it. Any of the featured recipes would be good (just substitute the brown rice for white rice in the recipe). Here's a link to food52 recipes for rice: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

I'm partial to this one: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
and have made it with brown rice that I had in my freezer. It's delicious!

nutcakes
nutcakes January 26, 2011

It is like stone soup! Saute an onion in a little olive oil or butter. Add some celery and carrot. Then add chicken pieces if you have it. If you don't, add lentils. Add chicken or veg stock. Maybe a can of tomato, optional. A rind of parmesan if you have it. The rice. Any leafy greens you have laying around are optional but reccomended. You could do chopped green beans or peas.

mrslarkin January 26, 2011

I usually make brown rice on purpose. It's GOOD! ;-) I love using leftover rice to make easy Chinese fried rice. Heat oil. Quickly scramble a couple of eggs. Set aside. Add a touch more oil and add 2 sliced scallions to the pan. Then add 4 cups rice, and break it up if it's cold and lumpy. Stir well until heated. Add 1/2 cup frozen baby peas and 1/4 cup diced ham. Stir until heated through. Add the scrambled egg and mix gently. Sprinkle with a little soy sauce and a tablespoon of sesame oil and top with some more sliced scallion. Yum.

aargersi January 26, 2011

For a lunch option you could make a brown rice salad - just add some chopped veggies, dress with a simple vinaigrette and maybe add some feta or parmesan - easy healthy and delicious!!

Blissful Baker
Blissful Baker January 26, 2011

You can also turn it into a pie crust with this recipe & make your favorite quiche:

Nora
Nora January 26, 2011

Lucky you! Hope you'll the story one day.

Fried rice, a rice salad, stuffed Poblanos, warm it in the microwave and eat it with milk or cream for breakfast, soup, so many options!

Anitalectric
Anitalectric January 26, 2011

It makes an excellent Mediterranean salad with dill, baby tomato, chopped grape leaves, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper.

casa-giardino
casa-giardino January 26, 2011

Saute' some spinach with garlic and mix. Add a great deal of shaved parmisan.