Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

okay, it's snowing and I have to make dinner. I have bok choy, red peppers, lots of mushrooms, little potatoes, and chicken breasts.....rice or pasta. What do you think?
?Confused in Philadelphia

asked by cookingwithfire almost 6 years ago
E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

hmm ... I would roast the little taters with olive oil salt and pepper,maybe some mustard, saute the bokchoy, peppers and shrooms together with a spice (crushed pepper?) and an acid (red wine vinegar? Citrus?) and I would brine the chicken breasts and griddle them. Then would serve the chicken on top of the veggies with potatoes alongside ..

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Some sort of stir fry would work with the chicken, bok choy, red peppers and mushrooms.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Filipino comfort food, sort of like a New England boiled dinner. . .Cook rice separately. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown the salted and peppered chicken breasts in a little butter over heat that's high enough to brown them well without burning them, but don't let them cook through. Remove them to a plate and set aside. Add whole mushrooms, salt them lightly, and saute until golden. Pile them on the chicken. Add sliced red peppers to the pan and saute briefly; set aside with the chicken and mushrooms. If you have an onion, slice it, saute it and set it aside, too. Place whole unpeeled potatoes in the pot and add enough water (or tomato juice is another option) to cover them; salt the water lightly and cook, covered, until potatoes are just barely cooked through, about 10 minutes. Tuck chicken in and around the potatoes with a 1" piece of ginger (optional but really, really good) and a couple of peeled cloves of whole garlic. Pile on the mushrooms, peppers and bok choy; boil gently, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and vegetables are soft but not mushy. Adjust seasoning of the brothy sauce.. Place rice in a deep bowl and spoon broth and vegetables over.

Wow! Thank you!