🔕 🔔

How do you like to use calendula? I am using the flowers in a salad but was curious about what others like to do. Cheers!

I got a small quantity from the farmers' market. I know you can dry them, but wonder what else people (gardeners?) have tried?

asked by Nomnomnom over 1 year ago

If you are interested in making beauty products with it, it is great for the skin. You could infuse in oil and mix with beeswax to make a salve.

That does sound nice. I'd be curious to know proportions, in order to get the most herbal benefit :)

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

I've seen dried calendula petals sold as "Mexican Saffron"- at least I'mpretty sure they were calendula- some sort of marigold, at any rate.

Very interesting! That gives me ideas. Thanks Smaug! P.s. That's a great handle.

Calendula is used in Georgian recipes--but whether you have the same species as the Georgian recipes use would be hard to say. At any rate, calendula is used for a yellow dye--think Easter eggs--and has a lot of medicinal uses.

Thanks Maedl; natural dye is another great idea!