How do you like to use calendula? I am using the flowers in a salad but was curious about what others like to do. Cheers!

I got a small quantity from the farmers' market. I know you can dry them, but wonder what else people (gardeners?) have tried?

Valhalla
Valhalla June 29, 2016

If you are interested in making beauty products with it, it is great for the skin. You could infuse in oil and mix with beeswax to make a salve.

Nomnomnom
Nomnomnom June 29, 2016

That does sound nice. I'd be curious to know proportions, in order to get the most herbal benefit :)

Smaug June 29, 2016

I've seen dried calendula petals sold as "Mexican Saffron"- at least I'mpretty sure they were calendula- some sort of marigold, at any rate.

Nomnomnom
Nomnomnom June 29, 2016

Very interesting! That gives me ideas. Thanks Smaug! P.s. That's a great handle.

Maedl June 30, 2016

Calendula is used in Georgian recipes--but whether you have the same species as the Georgian recipes use would be hard to say. At any rate, calendula is used for a yellow dye--think Easter eggs--and has a lot of medicinal uses.

Nomnomnom
Nomnomnom June 30, 2016

Thanks Maedl; natural dye is another great idea!