Fresh hibiscus flowers

At the farmer's market this morning I bought a small basket of fresh hibiscus flowers. Does anyone have experience with them? I only know the dried ones used for making "agua de jamaica". They are tart and crisp the vendor compared them to fresh cranberries - she suggested using them as is in salad or candying them. I am leaning toward candying for an experimental pie. I appreciate any insights

asked by C Sangueza almost 2 years ago

former Community Editor

Apologies if this article is too late to be of help, but just in case: https://food52.com/blog...

C Sangueza

Thank you for this suggestion. This are fairly thick but this is an interesting idea and I should be able to get more hibiscus this Saturday.