🔕 🔔

non- traditional variations on Nicoise salad + traditional dressing

Hi,
I'm looking for interesting variations on Nicoise salad (not necessarily the traditional components).
What kind of dressing do you recommend?
Thanks!

asked by Imogen about 1 year ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I think creamtea's version is lovely:
https://food52.com/recipes...

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I am very much a traditionalist. Contemporary variations include seared Ahi tuna. Personally I'll stick with good imported tuna in a can such as As do Mar. A simple vinaigrette. Good lettuce, Quallity anchovies and a crusty roll. It's hard to improve on that. You're not making fish tacos here.

Your taco comment made me laugh out loud!

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

epicurious.com has a recipe for Salmon Nicoise which is very nice. Just put it in the search field.

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

I just made a 'clean out the fridge' salad Nicoise for a Not Sad Desk Lunch...should have been a #NotRecipes but I was too harried to take a photo!
Leftover Herbed Potato Salad (Trine Hahnemann's recipe, has an oil and vinegar dressing) topped with some foil-baked salmon (done on the grill, cardamom, dill, and juniper flavors). Added in the rest of a can of black olives, sliced (about 1/4c) and a handful of frozen Trader Joe's Haricot Vert, cut into 1-inch pieces, which were nicely thawed by the time lunch rolled around. Stirred in the dregs of some homemade balsamic vinaigrette to moisten. It was amazing!

Imogen -
You want a more interesting version of Nicoise salad.
So please say what bores you (want no more of) and what you like in it (want to retain).
Then I, for one, would have a better idea of what to suggest as variations.

Maybe you need a Pan Bagnat (https://food52.com/recipes...). Add some chopped hard-cooked egg.