How well does bread pudding reheat?

Can I make bread pudding the day before and reheat it, and if so how?

asked by Diego de la Torre almost 2 years ago

nancy essig

You can cover it in foil and reheat but if you want awesome, you can slice it, butter it and brown it in a pan, served with icecream...omg

Yes you can make it ahead and then warm, as suggested, in oven.
Also, microwave works well here.
Another idea - I've made up the pudding, kept it overnight in fridge and baked on 2nd day. This gives a fresher taste than cooked-and-rewarmed. If you don't have enough time to do the full cooking on the day of serving, do 3/4 time on prep day, hold overnight in refrigerator, bring to room temp, cook remaining 1/4 time in oven.
Also, if you have leftovers, bread pudding freezes and reheats beautifully.

Nan
Nan

I know this was posted over a year ago, but thanks so much for the answer to reheating bread pudding. I love the suggestion to prepare it day one and cook on day two! Yay!