My question is when I cook fish fillets such a** swai or tilapia what's the healthiest way to cook them

I am dieting and have pre diebetes I eat only beans fish and salad

asked by Ronald Whitmore over 2 years ago

Ronald Whitmore

If you view please just give me a answer

ktr
ktr

There is a genius recipe for slow poached salmon that uses very little oil.
But, there is really no "healthiest" way to cook fish. That depends on your definition of healthy. I strongly recommend you see a nutritionist or diabetic specialist to get more specific advice for your diet to help manage your diabetes and help you form a long term eating plan vs a short term diet.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

steamed fish is great. All you need is a little lemon and salt & pepper. You can steam the vegetables like broccoli or bok choy or spinach. I use a rice cooker to make some brown rice. It has a steamer tray that goes above the rice where you can steam the fish and veggies. Get yourself a bamboo steamer or a rice cooker. I get the tilapia from Whole foods, I don't trust the Chinese tilapia. Make your own salad dressing. the bottled ones have lots of sugar or corn syrup. Good luck and get healthy

The American Diabetes Association website would be a good place to start, in terms of basic information about nutrition and cooking. They also have several recipes for lean white fish fillets (Tilapia/Swai can also be subbed for sole, cod, etc.): http://google.diabetes.org/search?site=mfaRecipes&client=default_frontend&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&entqr=0&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&filter=p&proxystylesheet=microsite_mfa_recipe&output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=main_recipe_ingredient.search_image.page_title.recipe_blurb&q=fish&requiredfields=

Alexandra V. Jones

I love to cook white fish in the broiler, just set the broiler to the highest setting, drizzle with a little olive oil, and a bit of seasoning salt or a blend of salt, pepper, garlic and fresh herbs. Cook about 5 minutes and serve with lemon wedges. Fast and easy, you can dress it up with chopped olives, tomatoes, or even paint a lil bbq sauce on it, or tater sauce.