Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

My question is when I cook fish fillets such a** swai or tilapia what's the healthiest way to cook them

I am dieting and have pre diebetes I eat only beans fish and salad

asked by Ronald Whitmore 5 months ago
3064e33f 6c76 4bb9 9cf8 effa6014003e  fb avatar

If you view please just give me a answer

ktr

There is a genius recipe for slow poached salmon that uses very little oil.
But, there is really no "healthiest" way to cook fish. That depends on your definition of healthy. I strongly recommend you see a nutritionist or diabetic specialist to get more specific advice for your diet to help manage your diabetes and help you form a long term eating plan vs a short term diet.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

steamed fish is great. All you need is a little lemon and salt & pepper. You can steam the vegetables like broccoli or bok choy or spinach. I use a rice cooker to make some brown rice. It has a steamer tray that goes above the rice where you can steam the fish and veggies. Get yourself a bamboo steamer or a rice cooker. I get the tilapia from Whole foods, I don't trust the Chinese tilapia. Make your own salad dressing. the bottled ones have lots of sugar or corn syrup. Good luck and get healthy

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

The American Diabetes Association website would be a good place to start, in terms of basic information about nutrition and cooking. They also have several recipes for lean white fish fillets (Tilapia/Swai can also be subbed for sole, cod, etc.): http://google.diabetes...

Ba78e8c8 71ef 4871 a22e 087213000ce1  january

I love to cook white fish in the broiler, just set the broiler to the highest setting, drizzle with a little olive oil, and a bit of seasoning salt or a blend of salt, pepper, garlic and fresh herbs. Cook about 5 minutes and serve with lemon wedges. Fast and easy, you can dress it up with chopped olives, tomatoes, or even paint a lil bbq sauce on it, or tater sauce.