🔕 🔔

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

When dining at Ethiopian restaurants, I've often had T'ej, or the native honey wine. You could probably go with an Alsatian wine, like a Riesling or similar?

663f6437 fe75 4f5a 97d5 5dae5bece2ad  img 4597

I do think an Alsatian riesling would be a good substitute for Tej. If you want something different, I think a Malbec from S. America might be nice or for another white, a Gruner Veltliner? Since Ethiopian food is bold and flavorful, one of these food-friendly wines would be excellent. I think you could make a lot of good choices!

4b3b3cea 9e39 48aa b042 fb2bfc359a4b  129

I actually had an Ethiopian meal at a restaurant that had an impressive list of craft beers. A hoppy IPA was actually a good match for the food. It was Surly Abrasive.

beer!

732be931 2ac7 4842 83a0 a892a617c26f  32844883
Aldo Sohm

Aldo Sohm is the award-winning Chef Sommelier at Le Bernardin in NYC.

Alsatian muscat or Gewurztraminer is a good match as long as it has a little residual sugar. German Rieslings are also good as they can work with the spiciness of the food. Italian Lambrusco could be an interesting choice given the rich flavors of the food.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Besides beer (always good), riesling (kabinett) goes well ....