🔕 🔔

I always have trouble with this most basic step: the two panel control, 14-Cup Cuisinart food processor. As far as I can tell, everything is lined up properly. It won't turn on. Does anyone have a link to a demo video or any suggestions?

asked by CheeseLover over 6 years ago

663f6437 fe75 4f5a 97d5 5dae5bece2ad  img 4597

Make absolutely sure the chute on top is clicked all the way down on the lid. This is usually the problem in my experience. Sometimes you really have to lean down on it to get it to totally click in. You should hear it click--the white plastic piece inside the locking mechanism and the clear piece that sticks down vertically from the chute.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I just got a new 14-cupper. make sure the bowl is locked in place all the way.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Here's the manual:
http://www.cuisinart.com...

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

For the 14-cup unit, the warranty is at least 20 years for the motor, 3 years for everything else. Call them at 1-800-726-0190 if you can't get it to work after following the troubleshooting instructions.

I just replaced my first Cuisinart - which I got as a wedding present 30 years ago.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

The problem you describe is actually a "safety" feature. Some people are dumb enough to stick their fingers in there to get it working. But everything does have to be locked into place before you can turn it on. And this is true of all makes not just Cuisinart.