🔕 🔔

What's your favorite sauce for winter squash ravioli?

asked by Phoenix Helix over 6 years ago

338c2250 efb0 45de 857e 0fb58ee1ac7d  photo 418

Brown butter with sage and lots of black pepper!

Heya! I just made some Sweet Potato Ravioli... I wasn't thrilled with the results, so I'm very interested in this thread.

Second Jennifer, but also just olive oil is simple and very tasty

Aa0aef2d aae3 438c a22e 1340af35ed29  face hat underpainting 1

Brown butter is a good start. I'd add toasted walnuts and a crumble of blue cheese.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Maple cream sauce with toasted walnuts, gorgonzola cream sauce with toasted hazelnuts, caramelized onions and cream, parmesan cream (sort of like an alfredo), or dropped into some chicken stock for an Italian version of wonton soup. If you do the browned butter/sage thing, for additional flavor, toast the ravioli in the butter while you're browning the butter.

I like to crisp up some bacon and fry the ravioli and thyme with it

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

All of these ideas sound wonderful. It looks like I'll have to make this dish more than once! There's a woman in my town who makes homemade ravioli & sells it at the health food store (to take home & cook). She is to pasta what Mrslarkin is to scones. Her ravioli is beautiful, organic & delicious. I want to do it justice!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Brown butter sage sauce hands down!

I agree with the brown butter sage. You've put so much work into making the ravioli, why drown it in some murky sauce. The butter sage works nicely with the sweetness of the squash and shows off your handiwork.

Update. I made the brown butter sage sauce & it was easy & perfect. Thanks everyone!