What's your favorite sauce for winter squash ravioli?

asked by Blissful Baker over 7 years ago

JenniferF

Brown butter with sage and lots of black pepper!

Big Daddy Rhino

Heya! I just made some Sweet Potato Ravioli... I wasn't thrilled with the results, so I'm very interested in this thread.

dahliat

Second Jennifer, but also just olive oil is simple and very tasty

Queen of Spoons

Brown butter is a good start. I'd add toasted walnuts and a crumble of blue cheese.

betteirene

Maple cream sauce with toasted walnuts, gorgonzola cream sauce with toasted hazelnuts, caramelized onions and cream, parmesan cream (sort of like an alfredo), or dropped into some chicken stock for an Italian version of wonton soup. If you do the browned butter/sage thing, for additional flavor, toast the ravioli in the butter while you're browning the butter.

brandon

I like to crisp up some bacon and fry the ravioli and thyme with it

Blissful Baker

All of these ideas sound wonderful. It looks like I'll have to make this dish more than once! There's a woman in my town who makes homemade ravioli & sells it at the health food store (to take home & cook). She is to pasta what Mrslarkin is to scones. Her ravioli is beautiful, organic & delicious. I want to do it justice!

Bevi

Brown butter sage sauce hands down!

innoabrd

I agree with the brown butter sage. You've put so much work into making the ravioli, why drown it in some murky sauce. The butter sage works nicely with the sweetness of the squash and shows off your handiwork.

Blissful Baker

Update. I made the brown butter sage sauce & it was easy & perfect. Thanks everyone!