What's the best thing you found at Brimfield?

Ebabfc7b e2e4 4bee a236 18be911a09ed  img 0104

As we wrap up the Food52 Lawn Party at the Brimfield Antiques Fair today (we'll be there all afternoon till six, if you still want to come by!!), I'm most curious to hear what treasures everyone found roaming the market. Vintage silverware? A fixer-upper bar cart? Upload pictures of your best finds and tell me all about them!

Me? This very tall rattan bookshelf that almost definitely had a former life in Florida.

Amanda is the Design & Home Editor at Food52

asked about 2 years ago

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

With the help of Alexis, I picked up a bunch of props for our photoshoots. I want to hug all of them, but my favorite was this spider-style spoon on the right. I'd never seen anything quite like it before! Apparently it was used for pierogis, specifically, but I think it'd be great for shuttling any delicate dumpling (or vegetable nub) out of a pot of hot water. I love the worn wooden handle, too.

Amanda Sims
Amanda Sims

Eeeeee I want to hug it, too!

Kristina Wasserman

My African mud cloths!

Pretty sure the middle blue one is a traditional cloth from Burkina Faso, dyed with indigo. Gorgeous textiles!

Eunice Choi

This ladder that was pulled from a bunk bed. The steps are wide enough that I can use it as a shelf! I was even able to take it home via the subway-- it was was easier than trying to figure out how to fit it into a cab :)