A question about a recipe: FIG AND PEAR LOAF

8ab9b5d9 09dc 41f7 a0f9 8e08e8063b0e  img 4251 1

I have a question about the recipe "FIG AND PEAR LOAF" from Suzy Carnachan. Can I use fresh figs for this recipe? I have a large amount of figs that need to get used now!

asked by molly.b.good about 2 years ago

I don't have an answer on that recipe, but yes on what to do with lots of figs.
Make fig jam, which is a delicacy and can be used in all the usual ways, plus lining a tart crust, or garnishing cheesecake, etc.
Or fig chutney.
Last, in working on the cake recipe, sources say it takes about 5 lb of fresh fruit to make 1 lb dried. You might use that ratio (or double check it) to translate your dried figs to fresh ones.

PS Forgot to mention, if you like the flavors of southern France, there are many recipes for fig tapenade (with capers, walnuts, goat cheese & sometimes yes olives).

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad