🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: FIG AND PEAR LOAF

8ab9b5d9 09dc 41f7 a0f9 8e08e8063b0e  img 4251 1

I have a question about the recipe "FIG AND PEAR LOAF" from Suzy Carnachan. Can I use fresh figs for this recipe? I have a large amount of figs that need to get used now!

asked by molly.b.good over 1 year ago

I don't have an answer on that recipe, but yes on what to do with lots of figs.
Make fig jam, which is a delicacy and can be used in all the usual ways, plus lining a tart crust, or garnishing cheesecake, etc.
Or fig chutney.
Last, in working on the cake recipe, sources say it takes about 5 lb of fresh fruit to make 1 lb dried. You might use that ratio (or double check it) to translate your dried figs to fresh ones.

PS Forgot to mention, if you like the flavors of southern France, there are many recipes for fig tapenade (with capers, walnuts, goat cheese & sometimes yes olives).