🔕 🔔

I picked up a package of Lamb Shoulder Fillet, something unfamiliar to me. They are 3 little fillets, about 2-1/2x4 they are nicely marbeled on the outside and look lean in the center. Anyone have experience using these? I'm not sure what to do with them and a web search isn't helping so far.

asked by nutcakes almost 7 years ago

623c5ca7 5e72 4d13 bc61 bdb755715ae5  mail

Ohhhh! I can't wait for the answers. This cut sounds yummy. By any chance was it purchased in NYC?

I bought it at Fresh & Easy Market in CA. They are owned by the British company Tesco and often have some British products. I might search on UK websites for ideas.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

This recipe sounds delicious, though may not be what you were thinking: http://www.foodnetwork...
I'd also think about grinding it: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Looks like you can do about anything with it. Here's what they look like:
http://www.wilsonsbutchers...
I'm trying kebabs, have them in a yogurt marinade now. I couldn't decide between marinating in Harissa or yogurt so I put Harissa in the yogurt. The suggestion to make into burgers was probably a good one too, because they do have some fat on them.

kebabs sound like a great idea! let us know how they turn out.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

A chimichurri sauce with the kabobs would be nice. Many recipes out there, but a basic mix of olive oil, chopped parsley, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Whisked in a mini-prep would be a nice side sauce with the Harrisa and yogurt flavorings.

And maybe some mint in there too.

If indeed they look like those pictured I would be thinking about a tagine as opposed to kebab. I think they could possibly use some braising time and you could still deploy your harissa and couscous.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Charmoula would be a great compliment:

F7dc8864 ca47 4dcc b3c3 ac8636375674  10 tiki 253

Try Kofte
KÖFTE
2 lb. lean lamb
1 medium onion
2 green onions
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. dry parsley
2 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 c. bulgar wheat
1 egg beaten
¼ c. toasted pine nuts
4 oz. feta cheese
Grind lamb. Add onions and garlic to lamb and regrind. Mix bulgar wheat
with 2 c. water, bring to a boil, turn off heat and let steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
Add parsley, salt, pepper, bulgar wheat and egg to lamb mixture and blend
thoroughly. Make into meatballs stuffed with the pine nuts and feta cheese.
Brown meatballs, place in greased dish. Cover with Köfte Sauce and bake at
350° for 45 minutes.
The Kofte Sauce
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large cans tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. allspice
1 pinch ground cloves
1 bay leaf
black pepper
¼ c. red wine and have one for the cook!
Saute onion and garlic with olive oil. Add remaining ingredients and
simmer. While this is simmering have that red wine for yourself.

Thank you for the Kofte recipe, sounds right up my alley.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will buy this again, I got a great sale proce for expiring that day meat and I kept it 2 more days and it still seemed really fresh.